Already using Slack? CrossLead now integrates with your favorite communication tool.
Cross-pollinate knowledge between CrossLead and Slack so that information is always accessible. Connect CrossLead and Slack to:
- Receive notifications in Slack channels
- Send Slack messages to CrossLead to create new Insights
Configuring the Slack Integration
In order to enable the Slack integration for your organization, follow these steps:
- Hover over your profile image or avatar in the top right corner of the navigation bar.
- Click “Settings” in the dropdown that appears.
- Click “Accounts” in the left nav bar.
- On the Slack option, click “Add Account.”
- Follow the steps to enter your credentials and authenticate your account with Slack.
- You will be redirected back to CrossLead after Slack has been authenticated.
Receiving CrossLead Notifications in Slack
Get notified in Slack every time an update is made on a CrossLead Plan or Plan Item that you care about. Connect CrossLead to Slack to stay looped in on your team's latest progress against Plans or specific Plan Items. The integration allows specific events to be shared to a dedicated Slack channel.
Notifications are set up on a Plan-by-Plan or Item-by-Item basis in CrossLead. Notifications from the mapped CrossLead Plan or Item are sent to the Slack channel you choose. You can receive instant notifications in Slack when:
- A new Insight is shared by a teammate on the mapped Plan or Item
- Progress or Risk of an Item has changed
To receive notifications from CrossLead in Slack channels, you must map specific CrossLead Plans or Plan Items to a Slack channel. Here’s how:
- In CrossLead, navigate to a specific Plan or Plan Item that you care about.
- Click the gear icon in the top right corner.
- In the dropdown, click “Slack Settings.”
- In the modal that appears, there will be a dropdown of Slack channels that you have access to. Select a channel from the dropdown to map it to this particular Plan or Item.
- Press “Okay” to save your changes.
Sending Messages to CrossLead from Slack
Share an update on a CrossLead Plan or Plan Item without ever leaving Slack.
In any Slack channel or direct message, you can choose to send a message to a particular Plan or Plan Item in CrossLead. Here’s how:
- Hover over the message in Slack and click the “More Actions” icon.
- From the dropdown, select “Share to CrossLead.”
- Note: You may have to click “More message actions” to find the CrossLead integration.
- In the modal that appears, you will see two dropdowns:
- The “Search for an Item or Plan in CrossLead” field allows you to search through all CrossLead Plans and Items and select one to send the Slack message to.
- The “Select mapped CrossLead Item or Plan” dropdown appears when specific CrossLead Plans or Items have been mapped to that channel for notifications. You can select one to send the Slack message back to CrossLead.
- Select a CrossLead Plan or Item from the fields and press “Post” to send your Slack message to CrossLead.