Plans in CrossLead include an Excel importer feature, making it quicker and easier for you import your existing data into CrossLead.
To use the importer, we recommend downloading and using our Excel template so that there are no formatting errors or issues on import.
Importing Items to an Existing Plan
First, navigate to the Plan in which you want to import data. Once there, navigate to the Item List tab in the Plan.
We recommend downloading our Excel template and populating it with your data to ensure a smooth and successful import process. To download the Excel template for your Plan, click the “Import via Excel” button on the Item List page.
Once your spreadsheet has been populated and configured to your liking, use the same modal to import your spreadsheet. You can either drag your file on top of the modal to import, or select the “Click here to Upload” button to find and select the file.
Creating a New Plan via Excel Import
In the process of creating a new Plan in CrossLead, you can choose to populate your Plan by importing from Excel. To do so, follow the steps below:
- On the Plans page in CrossLead, click the orange “Create New” button on the right-hand side
- You will be prompted to choose how you would like to build your Plan. Select the “Import via Excel” option.
- Choose a framework for your Plan.
- Give your Plan a title. Click “Save Plan”
- In the modal that appears next, you have the option to either download our Excel template or upload your own spreadsheet.;
Populating and Formatting your Spreadsheet
Our Excel template includes the following columns:
- Title - Titles must be 100 characters or less.
- Owner - To set an Owner, you must enter the email address of a user who exists in CrossLead. If you leave this field blank, the Owner will default to you.
- Risk - Use the dropdown in the column cells to select one of the following risk categories: “On Track” (Green), “Some Risk” (Yellow), “High Risk” (Red), or “No Risk” (Blue).
- Progress - Enter a number between 0 and 100 to set the progress percentage.
- Start Date - Dates must conform to the following format: MM/DD/YY
- End Date - Dates must conform to the following format: MM/DD/YY
- Privacy - Enter “Y” to denote an Item as private. Private items are visible only to the Item Owner and Participants.
- Description - Enter free text to populate the Item’s description
If your Plan has custom fields set for its linked Items, those will also appear in columns in the Excel template.
If your spreadsheet does not conform to the columns and rules outlined above, your import will fail.
For assistance importing your Plan data into CrossLead, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.